GCA Durban 2020
Global and African Perspectives on Media and Communication
Hosted by the Durban University of Technology, the Global Communication Association invites you to submit your abstracts for the 16th annual convention to be held in Durban, South Africa from June 10 – 12, 2020. The GCA invites research papers exploring any aspect of issues related to the theme of the conference, including the following broad topics:
- African media and communication methodologies, theories, and perspectives
- Media and their impact on public opinion
- Global Perspectives on Media and Communication
- The evolving modes of teaching and learning
- New communication technologies, the Internet, and social media
- Intercultural communication
- News and information flow
All submissions should include two separate attachments in Word format
- A 400-word abstract of the paper or panel proposal should be submitted electronically to Dr. Shakeel Ori via the following email address: email@example.com
- All abstract submissions must be received by February 20, 2020, for review and consideration. Acceptance of a paper or panel proposal obligates authors to attend the conference and present the paper. The abstract should include research objectives, methodology, and significance followed by keywords.
- Poster presentations on topics related to the conference theme are also encouraged. Complete panel proposals may be submitted to Dr. Yahya R. Kamalipour via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by at least two scholars. Authors of the abstracts will be notified of acceptance by April 1, 2020.
- A separate document including the name, academic institution, mailing address, phone number, email address, and brief author’s profile must be submitted for each author.
- If accepted, the full-length paper (not to exceed 25-pages excluding references and tables) must be submitted by May 1, 2020. All papers should adhere to The American Psychological Association (APA) style manual. For details, visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/05
- Where appropriate, put “STUDENT” in the upper right-hand corner of the title page; indicate whether the paper comes from a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral student.
A selected number of papers, closely related to the theme of the conference, will be published in book format (print and digital).
Conference Location (hotel and facilities):
- The conference will take place on the Durban campus of the Durban University of Technology (DUT).
- Special Conference rates will be applied at several hotels in Durban, within a 5km radius of the conference venue.
- Details of these rates and the hotel links will be provided shortly. Delegates are requested to register as early as possible, as Durban is a popular tourist destination during this time.
There are daily flights from major cities around the world to South Africa. Some international airlines fly directly to Durban, while others fly to Cape Town or Johannesburg and then to Durban. Emirates and British Airways fly directly to Durban.
- Delegates will be met on arrival at King Shaka International Airport in Durban and transported to their hotels or go to the conference venue, depending on the date of arrival. Shuttles will be provided from the hotels to the conference and event venues.
- After the conference, shuttles will be provided from the hotels to the airport. Links to approved tour agents will be provided if delegates wish to tour after or before the conference.
Conference Registration Fees:
An attractive and favorable package will be offered to all participants. Graduate students presenting papers will be given a 50% registration discount. A registration link and details of fees and payment procedures will be provided shortly.
Please direct any questions to Dr. Yahya R. Kamalipour at email@example.com.
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 20, 2020
Acceptance Notification: April 1, 2020
Full Length Paper Submission: May 1, 2020
Last Date for Early Bird Registration: February 20, 2020
Last Date for Registration: May 1, 2020
For future updates and further details, visit:www.globalcomassociation.com