GCA Durban 2020
Perspectives on Africa Media and Communication
Hosted by the Durban University of Technology and supported by the University of Kwasulu-Natal, Mangosuthu University of Technology and University of Zululand, the Global Communication Association invites you to submit your abstracts for the 16th annual convention to be held in Durban, South Africa from June 10 – 12, 2020.
The GCA invites research papers exploring any aspect of issues related to the theme of the conference, including the following broad topics:
- African media and communication methodologies, theories, and perspectives
- Media and their impact on public opinion
- The evolving modes of teaching and learning
- New communication technologies, the Internet, and social media
- Intercultural communication
- News and information flow
All submissions should include two separate attachments in Word format
- A 400-word abstract of the paper or panel proposal should be submitted electronically to Dr. S.E Usadolo and Mr Thabani Khumalo via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All abstract submissions must be received by February 29, 2020, for review and consideration. Acceptance of a paper or panel proposal obligates authors to attend the conference and present the paper. The abstract should include research objectives, methodology and significance followed by keywords.
- Poster presentations on topics related to the conference theme are also encouraged. Complete panel proposals maybe submitted to Dr. Yahya R. Kamalipour at email@example.com.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by at least two scholars. Authors of the abstracts will be notified of acceptance by March 15, 2020.
- A separate document including the name, academic institution, mailing address, phone number, email address, and brief author’s profile must be submitted for each author.
- If accepted, the full-length paper (not to exceed 25-pages excluding references and tables) must be submitted by May 30, 2020. All papers should adhere to The American Psychological Association (APA) style manual. For details, visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/05.
- Where appropriate, put “STUDENT” in the upper right-hand corner of the title page; indicate whether the paper comes from a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral student.
Conference Location (Hotel and Facilities):
- The conference will take place on the campus of the Durban University of Technology (DUT).
- Special Conference rates will be offered by several hotels in Durban, within a 5km radius of the conference venue.
- Details of these rates and the hotel links will be provided shortly.
- Delegates are requested to register as early as possible, as Durban is a popular tourist destination during this time.
Conference Registration Fees:
- Standard registrations – early bird: R2500.00 – Register before 15 April 2020
- Standard registrations- normal: R3500.00- Register before 15 May 2020
- Post graduate students- early bird: R1500.00 – Register before 15 April 2020
- Post graduate students- normal: R2500.00- Register before 15 May 2020
- An attractive and favorable package will be offered to all participants. Graduate students presenting papers will be given a 50% registration discount. A registration link and details of fees and payment procedures is attached below:
Registration Link: https://www.dut.ac.za/gca-2020/
There are daily flights from major cities around the world to South Africa. Some international airlines fly directly to Durban, while others fly to Cape Town or Johannesburg, domestic airlines can be used to fly to Durban. Emirates and British Airways, Qatar Turkish Airlines fly directly to Durban. For details visit https://kingshakainternational.co.za/airport/durban-airport/
- Delegates will be met on arrival at King Shaka International Airport in Durban and transported to their hotels or to the conference venue, depending on date of arrival. Shuttles will be provided from the hotels to the conference and event venues.
- After the conference, shuttles will be provided from the hotels to the airport. Links to approved tour agents will be provided if delegates wish to tour after or before the conference. Meter taxis and Uber are also available and distance from King Shaka International Airport to Durban City is 30 km.
After the conference, interested participants may take advantage of an optional tours such as visiting a safari.
Please direct any questions to Dr. Yahya R. Kamalipour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 29, 2020
Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2020
Last Date for Early Bird Registration: April 15, 2020
Last Date for Registration: May 15, 2020
Full Length Paper Submission: May 30, 2020
Conference Dates: June 10-12, 2020
Optional Tours: June 13, 2020
For future updates and further details, visit:www.globalcomassociation.com